Wednesday 2 October 2013

Welcome back, old friend

Yesterday brought with it another visit by our regular midwife, to check on my young son's progress. I'm pleased to report he's feeding well and looking healthy, and gave her no cause for concern.

Our regular midwife has shepherded my wife through two pregnancies now, and throughout the process has been a safe pair of hands and a joy to deal with. Her bedside manner is superb - she has a slightly eccentric charisma that brings warmth to the room. She brought her trainee with her this time, who was cut from similar cloth. As throughout the pregancy, they addressed my wife's concerns, and took time out to make a fuss of my daughter (who is already slightly thrown by the presence of another infant in the house).

We have one more visit from her due, and I'm looking forward to it. As well as being an experienced professional, dealing with her has been like dealing with an old friend - something you just can't put a price on.

No comments:

Post a Comment